SalsaSoul Productions (Established 2012; Incorporated as a non-profit organization in 2019) creates salsa dancing events in Hamilton, Ontario. To date, we have produced over two hundred events. Our events offer a fresh and fun alternative for members of the Hamilton community to learn something new and be active while meeting new friends and enjoying upbeat and uplifting music. Dancing is beneficial for physical and social well-being, and it is a great stress buster!
- To actively contribute to the city we love: Hamilton. Our vision is of a healthier and happier Hamilton through the creation of social salsa dancing events that are affordable and open to all. One of the ways we accomplish this is through our free Salsa on the Waterfront events at Pier 8.
- To create opportunities to showcase local and roots focused talent (dancers, deejays, and musicians/bands) and to continue to be leading contributors to building and nurturing a sustainable Latin dance community in Hamilton
- To educate and highlight the roots and diversity of Latin music and Latin dances
- To bring together people of all ages and diverse cultures while providing a platform to learn new skills and connect with others
- We welcome everyone, from beginners to experienced dancers, and even those who are too shy to put on their dancing shoes!
- Salsa on the Waterfront | Est. 2012 | A free family friendly event taking place Tuesday evenings during the summer season at Pier 8.
- SalsaSoul Saturdays / Sundays | Est. 2012 | From humble beginnings at a North end church hall, to The Spice Factory, and now at Main Stage Studios, these events are offered monthly. Beginner and intermediate dance lessons are included.
- Salsa Si Saturdays | Est. 2018 | This monthly event at Main Stage Studios highlights the roots of salsa by focusing on authentic Cuban rueda de casino style salsa lessons followed by a welcoming dance party.
- Viva la Salsa! – Hamilton Latin Dance Congress | This weekend long event has been part of Hamilton Arts Week in 2018 and 2019. It provides an opportunity for Latin dance lovers of all levels to enjoy a weekend of learning new skills at special workshops with teachers from both within and around Hamilton. It also features performances and dance parties.
- Latin Dance Lesson Series & Workshops | Since our founding, we have organized and promoted several lesson and workshop series with a focus on authentic Cuban, Afro Cuban, Dominican Bachata, Brazilian Samba and Mambo. This has included collaborating with teachers to create a Cuban Rueda de Casino group to perform at community flashmobs and events.
- Other special and community events | These include: Tenth Anniversary Celebrations (The Gasworks, Leander Hall); The Mid-week Mambo (Dat Cang Karaoke, CoMotion on King); Salsa Caliente! (Cuba’s Restaurant); Salsa Meets Hustle and Salsa y Cha Cha (O Lounge), Salsa Dancing at Art Crawl, and many others. We have had the pleasure to partner with organizations such as the Art Gallery of Hamilton, the Pan Am Games, Hamilton Immigration Partnership Council, and many others for several special events.
All are welcome to join us!