Job Title: Executive Director
Organization: Centre for Artistic Social Practice – A Not-for-Profit Charity
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Salary Range: $75,000 – $80,000
Centre for Artistic Social Practice is a dynamic and forward-thinking not-for-profit charity dedicated to advancing the intersection of art and social impact. Our mission is to leverage the power of artistic expression to drive positive social change, engage communities, and foster a more inclusive and equitable society. Through innovative programs, collaborations, and advocacy, we empower artists and communities to address pressing social issues and inspire transformation.
Centre is seeking a visionary and dynamic Executive Director to lead our organization into its next phase of growth and impact. The ideal candidate will be a passionate advocate for the arts as a catalyst for social change and will possess the leadership, strategic thinking, operational and fund development expertise necessary to drive our mission forward.
● Develop and implement a visionary strategic plan that aligns with the organization’s mission
● Lead the organization in setting clear goals, objectives, and priorities to maximize its social impact through artistic initiatives.
● Oversee the organization’s financial health, including budget development, fundraising efforts, and grant management.
● Ensure financial sustainability and responsible stewardship of resources.
● Collaborate with the artistic team to conceptualize, plan, and execute innovative artistic projects and programs that address pressing social issues.
● Support artists in their creative endeavors and facilitate community engagement.
Partnerships and Collaboration:
● Build and nurture partnerships with other nonprofits, government agencies, cultural institutions, and philanthropic organizations to expand the reach and impact of the organization’s work.
● Work closely with the Board of Directors to provide regular updates, seek guidance, and ensure alignment with the organization’s strategic direction.
● Facilitate board development and engagement.
Advocacy and Public Relations:
● Act as the public face of the organization, advocating for the importance of artistic social practice and representing the organization in public forums, media, and with stakeholders.
● Foster a collaborative and inclusive organizational culture.
● Provide leadership and mentorship to staff, fostering professional development and teamwork.
● Establish metrics and evaluation processes to measure the social impact of the organization’s programs and initiatives.
● Use data-driven insights to inform decision-making.
● Bachelor’s degree in arts administration or equivalency in related experience.
● Proven leadership and financial management experience in a charity or arts-related
● Strong understanding of artistic practices and their potential for social impact.
● Proven experience working directly with diverse communities and maintaining long-term
relationships with stakeholders.
● Demonstrated success in fundraising and grant writing.
● Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
● Strategic thinker with a track record of organizational growth and development.
● Passion for social justice, equity, and inclusion.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, a cover letter detailing their qualifications and
vision for the role, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Executive Director
Application – Institute for Artistic Social Practice” in the subject line.
The application deadline is
Monday, December 11, 2023.
Centre is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.