Applications for Artist Membership are juried annually by the peer-review Artist Member Selection Committee. The Committee consists of current Carnegie Gallery Artists and Members of the Board. Only those artists who are short-listed will be asked to deliver work to the Gallery for final review by the Committee.
- Applications for Artist Membership will be accepted from February 1 to March 31 annually.
- Artists must complete the Artist Member Application Form (Click Here).
- Applications will include the following:
- Artist Statement (300 words maximum)
- Images (7-10 Samples of work)
- Image List
- Only complete applications using the digital application form will be considered.
- Applicants must reside in the greater Hamilton region and surrounding area.
- The Artist Membership Fee is $50. (This includes $3.45 HST and a charitable donation of $20.)
- Artist Memberships are renewed each January with a deadline of March 1.
- Artists are expected to renew stock on a regular basis and manage their digital inventory.
- All Artist Members are encouraged to volunteer their time annually.
- The Carnegie Gallery retains 45% of the sale price; artists receive 55%.
- Artist Member Contracts are processed upon acceptance.
Please direct any further inquiries about Artist Member applications to Laura Brandreth.